Surf Cost Candle Tips
Wood Wicks Candle Tips
1. Your wood wick candle comes with the wick trimmed to the proper height for first lighting, we recommend using a utility lighter rather than matches as wick can take few seconds to catch.
2. Light wick wood takes a little time to catch, allow to burn until the wax has liquefied to the edge of the container.
3. Once the wax "pool" is between 6mm and 12mm you should extinguish the candle. Doing this will increase the total number of hours of burn time that you receive from your candle. If you burn it too long at once it will burn hotter and faster.
4.To extinguish simply blow it out.
5. After the candle has completely solidified use your finger to brush off the black top of the wood wick. Just a light flick will do.
6. When ready to relight just start again at step 2.
7. Discontinue use of your candle when 12mm of wax remains. Burning any further can cause the container to super heat.
Cotton Wicks Candle Tips
- Always trim your wick to 6mm before lighting (every time you light your candle)
- Trim off any mushroom or black top on your wick before lighting
- NEVER leave a burning candle unattended. You should be able to see your candle at all times
- Keep candles out of reach of pets and children
- Do not burn near drafts, vents or other flammable objects (e.g.: curtains, towels, walls, etc...)
- Always burn candles on a heat resistant surface
- Always burn in a well ventilated room and away from drafts
- IMMEDIATELY EXTINGUISH FLAME if it smokes excessively or if flame touches container
- Do not burn a candle if the container is damaged or cracked
- Do not touch a glass container while a candle is burning!! It can be HOT!!
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and other debris. This is dangerous and can cause excessive smoke and soot.