Surf Coast Wood Wick Candle Tips
WOODEN WICK CANDLE BURNING Tips.
We do recommend using a utility lighter rather than matches as wick can take a few seconds to catch.
1. Like a traditional cotton wick, wood wicks do require a little attention before each burn. Wood wicks may take a little time to catch, tilt your candle slightly and continue with repeated lighting till wick catches.
2. Allow the candle to get a full melt pool (all the way to the edges of the container) each time you burn the candle (typically 1-2 hours) this is especially important during the first time you burn it. This prevents the candle from tunneling and ensures the candle burns evenly and you get the most from your candle.
3. Be careful to not let any debris from the wick (or anything else!) fall into the candle. Be sure to gently clear off the ash or top of the burned section along the top edge of the wick and then light as usual.
4. Do not burn any candle for longer than 4 hours at a time.
5. Follow all candle safety guidelines on warning sticker on bottom of container.
WHY DOES MY WICK GO OUT?
Tunneling happens when a candle melt pool has not been allowed to reach outer edge of container on the first burn.
A candle can tunnel for multiple reasons. The most common reason for a candle tunneling is due to burning a candle improperly. Normally, you should let the candle burn long enough in each sitting to melt the wax all the way across the candle. It generally takes at least 1 to 2 hours to melt the wax all the way across.
How do I fix a tunneling candle?
A tunneling candle can definitely be a problem! A candle can tunnel for multiple reasons.
One way to fix a tunneling candle is to get the wax to a level that the flame can melt it all the way across the diameter of the candle. We have two common suggestions for this:
1) When solidified scoop the higher wax out with a spoon or a butter knife till level again and wick above wax until the flame can melt the wax evenly.
2) You can take a hair dryer and melt the higher wax on the side so it settles to a more even surface.
If neither of these helps to get your candle burning properly, then Take a top and side view photo of your candle. We need you to send us pictures of your candle to [email protected]surfcoastcandles.com.au so we can have a clear view of the issue, and have this resolved to your satisfaction.
Thank you Customer care team.